Introducing the Whirlwind Mic Mute family
You asked us for the most versatile microphone mute imaginable, and we delivered.
The Whirlwind Micmute boxes offer passive switching solutions for controlling the on and off conditions of a microphone or balanced line signal via footswitch or finger switch operation. There are three styles, which cover all the essential mic control functions. Each style of Micmute is available with two types of actuator; a heavy duty footswitch (models PT, PM, PP) and a finger operated version for desktop use (models PTD, PMD, PPD). Each box has a female XLR input and a male XLR output jack. When no signal is passing through the boxes, the output jack is configured to mute the input of the connected audio device.
The Micmute PM and PMD are configured as Push to Mute switches, meaning that the input signal is normally on, passing through the box. When the switch is depressed and held down, the signal is turned off or muted. The signal is reconnected as soon as the switch is released.
The Micmute PT and PTD are configured as Push to Talk switches, meaning that the input signal is normally not connected to the output; nothing is passing through the box. When the switch is depressed and held down, the signal is turned on and passed through to the output. The signal is disconnected as soon as the switch is released.
The Micmute PP and PPD are configured as latching Push On; Push Off switches, meaning that the switch must be pushed and released to turn the signal on or off through the box. Each time the switch is pressed and released (PP), or toggled (PPD) the signal is changed from one condition to the other. The PP and PPD have an indicator LED feature that is operational when the connected microphone preamp input is providing phantom power. The blue LED illuminates to indicate that the mic is live and signal is passing through the Micmute box. The LED is not functional when phantom power is not present. The Micmute PPD uses an indicating rocker switch, which displays a red bar when the signal is turned on.
- Introducing the ROK1- Remote Outlet ControllerJul 26, 2017
- Introducing The Whirlwind Cyclone line of Pocket Door CasesJun 07, 2017
- Introducing The podMIXai, the big brother to our legendary podMIXJan 16, 2017
- Introducing Cyclone Cases by WhirlwindFeb 05, 2016
- PLR-MC21 Motor ControlDec 02, 2015
- Monitor your power from the palm of your hand with the PL-PM1rjJan 28, 2015
- THS family of Headphone boxesAug 26, 2014
- PW-1 Personal WedgeJun 11, 2014
- Introducing the pcUSB Apr 23, 2014
- ES4 Digital SnakeMay 02, 2013
- APC (audio - power combo) SNAKESFeb 11, 2013
- DesignPRO SoftwareDec 28, 2012
- Introducing our new family of MULTISELECTORSJul 23, 2012
- Super Tour with Amphenol ConnectorsJul 09, 2012
- Battle Flex Fiber Optic CableJun 14, 2012
- PCDIQMay 14, 2012
- OC BASSApr 24, 2012
- Fiber OpticsSep 09, 2011
- HATT4Jul 06, 2011
- Introducing the Whirlwind Mic Mute familyMay 05, 2011
- Introducing the Di2Apr 12, 2011
- 5.1 Precision Level ControlMar 17, 2011
- IsopodFeb 08, 2011
- Whirlwind unveils a new standard in inline isolation transformersJan 19, 2011
- Whirlwind releases two new Direct BoxesJan 19, 2011
- Whirlwind drops the BombJan 19, 2011
- Whirlwind upgrades its Medusas lineJan 19, 2011
- Whirlwind unveils another world’s firstJan 19, 2011
- Whirlwind’s FX Lab releases two new pedal EQsJan 19, 2011