Rudy Sarzo joins the Whirlwind Family, and continues to provide the thunder for some of Rock-n-Roll’s greatest legends!
Our OC Bass Compressor/Limiter gets a glowing review from one of Rock’s greatest bass legends! -By Will Young
“During the Randy Rhoads Remembered shows I've been playing my 59 Fender Precision in attempt to capture my bass tone from my Ozzy and Randy QR days. Adding the Whirlwind OC Bass Compressor/Limiter to my signal chain has made it possible for my passive bass to cut thru a wall of Marshall stacks and has given me most growling tone I've ever had with passive pick ups.”
- Rudy Sarzo
Rudy Sarzo's credentials as a bass player are quite impressive. He has been a professional recording and performing artist worldwide for over 20 years. As a member of Ozzy Osbourne's band, from March 1981 to September 1982, Rudy toured the world in support of the “Blizzard of Ozz” and “Diary Of a Madman” records. His bass playing can be heard on Ozzy's multimillion selling CD “Tribute” and “Speak of the Devil” CD and DVD.
As a member of Whitesnake, from April 1987 to September 1994, Rudy recorded the multi-platinum album “Slip of the Tongue”. During this period Rudy also performed worldwide on headline tours in support of the multiplatinum “1987” and “Slip of the Tongue” albums and appeared on 6 MTV videos.
As a member of the reunited Quiet Riot, from May 1997 to August 2003, Rudy performed worldwide on headlining tours and as special guests in support of the Quiet Riot CDs “Alive and Well” and “Guilty Pleasure. Rudy also appeared on VH1's Quiet Riot, Behind the Music. In November of 2003, “Quiet Riot Live in The 21st Century” DVD was released after the group disbanded.
His recordings with all of these artists combined have sold over 30 million copies.
In February of 2004, Rudy joined Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force for the U.S. 30 city “Attack Tour”.
In April of 2004 Rudy became a member of the multi-platinum Heavy Metal group DIO and has been touring worldwide since.
Rudy also plays with Blue Oyster Cult when not touring with DIO.
- The Rochester Jazzfest is back in full swing!Jun 28, 2017
- Red Hot Chili Peppers rock out with Whirlwind!Feb 13, 2017
- Whirlwind builds a 13,000 square foot expansion!Jun 01, 2016
- Bonnie Raitt and the Whirlwind Bomb!Apr 05, 2016
- Lettuce Joins the Whirlwind family of bands!Nov 17, 2015
- Bootsy Collins brings the thunder with Whirlwind!Jun 29, 2015
- Surviving a Fishbone Tour!May 11, 2015
- Power Link® and Joe Bonamassa make for a powerful tour!Nov 25, 2014
- Guitar idol Steve Stevens and Whirlwind!Jul 23, 2014
- Buddy Guy brings it to the JazzFestJun 30, 2014
- Rudy Sarzo joins the Whirlwind Family, and continues to provide the thunder for some of Rock-n-Roll’s greatest legends!Jun 09, 2014
- The Fireballs continue to amaze fans for over 50 years!Oct 08, 2013
- “The Wrecking Crew” comes to the Little TheaterAug 19, 2013
- The Black Crowes, The Tedeschi Trucks Band, and WhirlwindAug 01, 2013
- Dave Mathews Band and WhirlwindJul 08, 2013
- Marc Anthony takes Whirlwind on Tour!Dec 04, 2012
- Red Hot Chili Peppers tour the world with WhirlwindOct 08, 2012
- Tony Levin joins the Whirlwind family!Sep 12, 2012
- Neutrik 2012 PremierePARTNER AwardAug 29, 2012
- BUSH switches with Whirlwind!Aug 15, 2012
- Whirlwind welcomes Rick “LD” WayneJun 18, 2012
- Power Link Gets Official UL LISTING!Apr 10, 2012
- NAMM 2012Jan 24, 2012
- Blue October brings their amazing show to townOct 31, 2011
- Parker Lundgren of Queensrÿche joins the ranksSep 27, 2011
- K.D. Lang knocks the socks off of a sold out Eastman Theater!Jun 17, 2011
- The Fab Faux gets a little help from their friendsJun 13, 2011
- DISPATCH signs with Whirlwind FX LABJun 01, 2011
- Whirlwind signs John5May 02, 2011
- Canadian Dealers win big with WhirlwindApr 20, 2011
- KISS calls on Whirlwind to help blow stuff up!Mar 08, 2011
- Tommy Organ rocks out with Whirlwind!Feb 01, 2011
- NAMM 2011Jan 19, 2011
- A Win - Win - Win for Whirlwind, UPS, and The Buffalo BillsDec 15, 2010
- An evening with Joe BonamassaNov 18, 2010
- The Cult brings the big guns!Nov 01, 2010
- Lou Gramm and WhirlwindOct 18, 2010
- The Cult turns to Rochester for their tone!Sep 27, 2010
- John Fogerty, Celebrates 25 years in Centerfield!Sep 15, 2010
- Whirlwind and Rush on tourSep 07, 2010
- TOM PETTY / CROSBY, STILLS, & NASH IN CONCERTAug 18, 2010
- No Shock ZoneAug 17, 2010
- Creedence Clearwater RevisitedJul 30, 2010
- Gabe Condon drops into WhirlwindJul 28, 2010
- Product Review: Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser Guitar Effects PedalJul 08, 2010
- Whirlwind Leader Standard Series Guitar Cable ReviewJul 08, 2010
- Oli Brown Tours with WhirlwindJul 08, 2010
- Customers’ testimonials say it allJul 08, 2010
- Alex Kane and Clare Misstake touring with WhirlwindJul 08, 2010
- Feature article in Music Trades MagazineApr 28, 2010
- Clouseau Finds A Digital Solution Mar 11, 2010
- Rochester Series Effects PedalsMar 10, 2010
- “Les Paul’s Les Paul”Feb 12, 2010