The Cult turns to Rochester for their tone!
Billy Duffy takes the Whirlwind Rochester Series FX Pedals on tour By Will Young
Word is in from the Cult camp, Billy Duffy is standing firmly behind his Orange Box, from our very own Rochester series FX pedals! The Orange Box Phaser (remake of the original hand wired MXR Phase 90 that hasn't been made since the early 70's). It gets better, not only are they using our FX pedals, cables, and stage snakes, but Gavin Menzies, Stage Tech for the Cult has us building the guitar looms for Billy Duffy's legendary guitar rig.
“At this level of performance, there is no second chance and everything has to be perfect every show, every time, that's why we called you guys” exclaims Menzies.
Look for The Cult to blow the door off any joint they step foot in as they are a group of hard hitting, nail it to the floor kinda musicians and we couldn't be more excited to be a part of their sound!
The Rochester Series were the first FX pedals that Whirlwind owner Michael Laiacona launched almost 40 years ago when he owned MXR. MXR was later sold to Dunlop where through automated circuit boards they began manufacturing Chinese replicas of the formerly hand wired pedals. Michael no longer has any affiliation with MXR but decided after a heavy demand, to bring back the pedals that got him started in the music industry, and we're loving the feedback we're getting (pardon the shameless pun).
“We launched the pedal line a little over a year ago and it has opened up a demand that we had not expected” says Laiacona. “With that, we've opened our Whirlwind FX Lab and already have 2 more pedals available (The Commander 2, and The Bomb boost pedal. We're not resting on the laurels of our legendary FX pedals, in fact our FX gurus are at it as we speak reshaping the tonal landscape of what you'll be hearing for generations of music to come.”
MXR is a registered trademark of Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc. All rights reserved 2010.
- Marc Anthony takes Whirlwind on Tour!Dec 04, 2012
- Red Hot Chili Peppers tour the world with WhirlwindOct 08, 2012
- Tony Levin joins the Whirlwind family!Sep 12, 2012
- Neutrik 2012 PremierePARTNER AwardAug 29, 2012
- BUSH switches with Whirlwind!Aug 15, 2012
- Whirlwind welcomes Rick “LD” WayneJun 18, 2012
- Power Link Gets Official UL LISTING!Apr 10, 2012
- NAMM 2012Jan 24, 2012
- Blue October brings their amazing show to townOct 31, 2011
- Parker Lundgren of Queensrÿche joins the ranksSep 27, 2011
- K.D. Lang knocks the socks off of a sold out Eastman Theater!Jun 17, 2011
- The Fab Faux gets a little help from their friendsJun 13, 2011
- DISPATCH signs with Whirlwind FX LABJun 01, 2011
- Whirlwind signs John5May 02, 2011
- Canadian Dealers win big with WhirlwindApr 20, 2011
- KISS calls on Whirlwind to help blow stuff up!Mar 08, 2011
- Tommy Organ rocks out with Whirlwind!Feb 01, 2011
- NAMM 2011Jan 19, 2011
- A Win - Win - Win for Whirlwind, UPS, and The Buffalo BillsDec 15, 2010
- An evening with Joe BonamassaNov 18, 2010
- The Cult brings the big guns!Nov 01, 2010
- Lou Gramm and WhirlwindOct 18, 2010
- The Cult turns to Rochester for their tone!Sep 27, 2010
- John Fogerty, Celebrates 25 years in Centerfield!Sep 15, 2010
- Whirlwind and Rush on tourSep 07, 2010
- TOM PETTY / CROSBY, STILLS, & NASH IN CONCERTAug 18, 2010
- No Shock ZoneAug 17, 2010
- Creedence Clearwater RevisitedJul 30, 2010
- Gabe Condon drops into WhirlwindJul 28, 2010
- Product Review: Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser Guitar Effects PedalJul 08, 2010
- Whirlwind Leader Standard Series Guitar Cable ReviewJul 08, 2010
- Oli Brown Tours with WhirlwindJul 08, 2010
- Customers’ testimonials say it allJul 08, 2010
- Alex Kane and Clare Misstake touring with WhirlwindJul 08, 2010
- Feature article in Music Trades MagazineApr 28, 2010
- Clouseau Finds A Digital Solution Mar 11, 2010
- Rochester Series Effects PedalsMar 10, 2010
- “Les Paul’s Les Paul”Feb 12, 2010