The Fireballs continue to amaze fans for over 50 years!
Legends of Rock n Roll are still at it, and still using Whirlwind!
If I were asked which band in our ever growing list of Whirlwind endorsees (we like to think of them more as the Whirlwind family) has been using our products the longest, it would have to be The Fireballs! Often associated with the likes of Buddy Holly, these guys paved the way for countless acts that followed in their footsteps, the only difference is that these guys continue to play, and continue to pack 'em in!
Here's a few interesting facts about the Fireballs:
The FIREBALLS of Raton, were the 1st rock & roll recording band from New Mexico :
1. To become internationally known for their instrumental recordings of “Fireball” “Torquay” “Bulldog” “Vaquero” “Gunshot” “Quite A Party”…
2. To have a #1 vocal song “Sugar Shack” in Billboard Magazine…
3. To retain the #1 position for 5 weeks in a row…
4. To have the largest selling single recording of all recordings released in the USA for a one year period, 1963, certified by RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America)…
'For the record', the Fireballs still hold the record!
None of the above have been surpassed by any other rock & roll recording band from New Mexico to date.
July 28, 1989 the Fireballs were inducted into the Norman Petty Studio Walk Of Fame by Vi Petty, and headlined the show that evening at the Petty's Main Street Theatre in Clovis, New Mexico. Three original members performed : Chuck Tharp- vocal & guitar , Eric Budd - drums and George Tomsco - lead guitar . Standing in for original bass player (Stan Lark) was Fireball's historian Jerry MacNeish on bass.
The Fireballs performed at the Nebraska Music Hall Of Fame induction ceremonies in Lincoln, Nebraska in 2000.
On August 29, 2001, The Fireballs were inducted into the West Texas Rock & Roll Walk Of Fame in Lubbock, TX. Members present were George Tomsco, Stan Lark, Eric Budd, Chuck Tharp & Jimmy Gilmer - all performed together at the Texas Tech Stadium that evening.
A big thank you goes out to The Fireballs for over 50 years of Rock N Roll, and thank you for choosing Whirlwind!
- Alice in Chains and the MultiSelector ProMay 22, 2018
- Phish in the Phamily!Feb 16, 2018
- The Rochester Jazzfest is back in full swing!Jun 28, 2017
- Red Hot Chili Peppers rock out with Whirlwind!Feb 13, 2017
- Whirlwind builds a 13,000 square foot expansion!Jun 01, 2016
- Bonnie Raitt and the Whirlwind Bomb!Apr 05, 2016
- Lettuce Joins the Whirlwind family of bands!Nov 17, 2015
- Bootsy Collins brings the thunder with Whirlwind!Jun 29, 2015
- Surviving a Fishbone Tour!May 11, 2015
- Power Link® and Joe Bonamassa make for a powerful tour!Nov 25, 2014
- Guitar idol Steve Stevens and Whirlwind!Jul 23, 2014
- Buddy Guy brings it to the JazzFestJun 30, 2014
- Rudy Sarzo joins the Whirlwind Family, and continues to provide the thunder for some of Rock-n-Roll’s greatest legends!Jun 09, 2014
- The Fireballs continue to amaze fans for over 50 years!Oct 08, 2013
- “The Wrecking Crew” comes to the Little TheaterAug 19, 2013
- The Black Crowes, The Tedeschi Trucks Band, and WhirlwindAug 01, 2013
- Dave Mathews Band and WhirlwindJul 08, 2013
- Marc Anthony takes Whirlwind on Tour!Dec 04, 2012
- Red Hot Chili Peppers tour the world with WhirlwindOct 08, 2012
- Tony Levin joins the Whirlwind family!Sep 12, 2012
- Neutrik 2012 PremierePARTNER AwardAug 29, 2012
- BUSH switches with Whirlwind!Aug 15, 2012
- Whirlwind welcomes Rick “LD” WayneJun 18, 2012
- Power Link Gets Official UL LISTING!Apr 10, 2012
- NAMM 2012Jan 24, 2012
- Blue October brings their amazing show to townOct 31, 2011
- Parker Lundgren of Queensrÿche joins the ranksSep 27, 2011
- K.D. Lang knocks the socks off of a sold out Eastman Theater!Jun 17, 2011
- The Fab Faux gets a little help from their friendsJun 13, 2011
- DISPATCH signs with Whirlwind FX LABJun 01, 2011
- Whirlwind signs John5May 02, 2011
- Canadian Dealers win big with WhirlwindApr 20, 2011
- KISS calls on Whirlwind to help blow stuff up!Mar 08, 2011
- Tommy Organ rocks out with Whirlwind!Feb 01, 2011
- NAMM 2011Jan 19, 2011
- A Win - Win - Win for Whirlwind, UPS, and The Buffalo BillsDec 15, 2010
- An evening with Joe BonamassaNov 18, 2010
- The Cult brings the big guns!Nov 01, 2010
- Lou Gramm and WhirlwindOct 18, 2010
- The Cult turns to Rochester for their tone!Sep 27, 2010
- John Fogerty, Celebrates 25 years in Centerfield!Sep 15, 2010
- Whirlwind and Rush on tourSep 07, 2010
- TOM PETTY / CROSBY, STILLS, & NASH IN CONCERTAug 18, 2010
- No Shock ZoneAug 17, 2010
- Creedence Clearwater RevisitedJul 30, 2010
- Gabe Condon drops into WhirlwindJul 28, 2010
- Product Review: Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser Guitar Effects PedalJul 08, 2010
- Whirlwind Leader Standard Series Guitar Cable ReviewJul 08, 2010
- Oli Brown Tours with WhirlwindJul 08, 2010
- Customers’ testimonials say it allJul 08, 2010
- Alex Kane and Clare Misstake touring with WhirlwindJul 08, 2010
- Feature article in Music Trades MagazineApr 28, 2010
- Clouseau Finds A Digital Solution Mar 11, 2010
- Rochester Series Effects PedalsMar 10, 2010
- “Les Paul’s Les Paul”Feb 12, 2010