Whirlwind unveils another world’s first
Introducing the Data Snake. Two lines of Cat 6, inside our legendary multipair.
The Data Snake offers the same features as our legendary Medusa Standard series with the addition of 2 lines of certified Cat 6 bundled within 6, 12, 20, and 32 pair cable, ideal for use with digital consoles, or as a sub snake for mic inputs along with digital distribution. Each Data Snake comes in multiple lengths with SnakeSkin® on the fanouts for ultimate fanout protection, metal chassis mount XLR connectors, Neutrik Ethercon® inline and chassis connectors and a Pig Bag to protect the fanouts during storage or when not in use. Pictured below is just one example of the many configurations available. Contact your Whirlwind dealer or find out more on our website and welcome to the next generation of audio interface.
The Medusa Data Snake uses Neutrik Cat6 connectors on the box and fan out.
Medusa Data Snake features include:
- Heavy duty powder coated steel stagebox with Metal Whirlwind connectors and integrated handle.
- 2 lines of Cat 6 bundled within our legendary multipair cable (available in 6, 12, 20, and 32 pair) .
- Whirlwind by Belden NEC CM rated multipair cable, heavy duty, flexible, multipair cable. Each pair contains two twisted 24GA 7x32 polyethylene insulated conductors with 100% foil shield and 24GA drain wire.
- Fanouts with multiple layers of rugged heat shrink at the most critical points.
- Fanouts feature Whirlwind connectors with engraved numbers and letters.
- Genuine Kellems® wire mesh hanger to support the fanout at the board.
- Genuine Kellems® strain relief and grip with internal cable clamp.
- SnakeSkin® on the fanouts for ultimate fanout protection
- Pig Bag® to protect the fanouts when not in use.
All Medusas are available with integrated cable reel. Call for ordering information.
MD-6-2-C5E [6 XLR inputs, 2 Cat5e Ethercon]
MD-6-2-C6 [6 XLR inputs, 2 Cat6 Ethercon]
MD-12-2-C5E [12 XLR inputs, 2 Cat5e Ethercon]
MD-12-2-C6 [12 XLR inputs, 2 Cat6 Ethercon]
25, 50, 100, 150, 200 and 250 feet
Sample part number:
- Motor Control in a easy to transport, waterproof case!Oct 01, 2019
- Introducing the new DT12 snakeMay 20, 2019
- Catdusa CT-F and CT-MMar 25, 2019
- Rack LightningOct 11, 2018
- ISOPODCISep 18, 2018
- ColourBond PrintingJun 20, 2018
- Now a legendary QBOX for AES!Sep 28, 2017
- Introducing the ROK1- Remote Outlet ControllerJul 26, 2017
- Introducing The Whirlwind Cyclone line of Pocket Door CasesJun 07, 2017
- Introducing The podMIXai, the big brother to our legendary podMIXJan 16, 2017
- Introducing Cyclone Cases by WhirlwindFeb 05, 2016
- Monitor your power from the palm of your hand with the PL-PM1rjJan 28, 2015
- THS family of Headphone boxesAug 26, 2014
- PW-1 Personal WedgeJun 11, 2014
- Introducing the pcUSB Apr 23, 2014
- ES4 Digital SnakeMay 02, 2013
- APC (audio - power combo) SNAKESFeb 11, 2013
- DesignPRO SoftwareDec 28, 2012
- Introducing our new family of MULTISELECTORSJul 23, 2012
- Super Tour with Amphenol ConnectorsJul 09, 2012
- Battle Flex Fiber Optic CableJun 14, 2012
- PCDIQMay 14, 2012
- OC BASSApr 24, 2012
- Fiber OpticsSep 09, 2011
- HATT4Jul 06, 2011
- Introducing the Whirlwind Mic Mute familyMay 05, 2011
- Introducing the Di2Apr 12, 2011
- 5.1 Precision Level ControlMar 17, 2011
- IsopodFeb 08, 2011
- Whirlwind unveils a new standard in inline isolation transformersJan 19, 2011
- Whirlwind releases two new Direct BoxesJan 19, 2011
- Whirlwind drops the BombJan 19, 2011
- Whirlwind upgrades its Medusas lineJan 19, 2011
- Whirlwind unveils another world’s firstJan 19, 2011
- Whirlwind’s FX Lab releases two new pedal EQsJan 19, 2011