Whirlwind releases two new Direct Boxes
Introducing the Director Plus and The IMP JT. Two more reasons why Whirlwind is the un-DI-sputed industry leader.
Whirlwind engineers set out to create a premium quality Direct Box transformer that would rival the performance of DIs costing many times more. The result is the DImax transformer that is now found in the Whirlwind Director Plus.
This premium direct box has all the features of the tried and true Director:
• 1/4” parallel wired in/out jacks
• Ground Lift switch to help eliminate hum and buzz
• 30dB pad switch for selecting between line/instrument or speaker level input signals
• Switchable high cut filter to eliminate amplifier noise
• DImax transformer with dual Faraday shields and extended frequency response
The IMP JT is a top of the line passive DI, featuring a Jensen transformer - renown for wide frequency response and superior noise reduction.
Eliminates hum and buzz with a ground lift switch.
Depend on the rugged metal box to provide extra shielding and to extend the life of this direct box.
IMP JT Description
PARALLEL HIGH Z IN/OUT (1/4” JACKS)
Two 1/4” jacks which provide the means to input and “loop through” the signal source. These jacks are wired in parallel, it makes no difference which one is used for input or output.
LOW Z OUTPUT (XLR Jack)
A male XLR that provides a low-impedance (150 Ohm) balanced output suitable for connection to a mixing console or work station.
GROUND LIFT SWITCH
This switch disconnects the ground between the input connectors and the output connectors when set to the LFT position. The ground is connected through when the switch is in the GND position.
- Introducing the ROK1- Remote Outlet ControllerJul 26, 2017
- Introducing The Whirlwind Cyclone line of Pocket Door CasesJun 07, 2017
- Introducing The podMIXai, the big brother to our legendary podMIXJan 16, 2017
- Introducing Cyclone Cases by WhirlwindFeb 05, 2016
- PLR-MC21 Motor ControlDec 02, 2015
- Monitor your power from the palm of your hand with the PL-PM1rjJan 28, 2015
- THS family of Headphone boxesAug 26, 2014
- PW-1 Personal WedgeJun 11, 2014
- Introducing the pcUSB Apr 23, 2014
- ES4 Digital SnakeMay 02, 2013
- APC (audio - power combo) SNAKESFeb 11, 2013
- DesignPRO SoftwareDec 28, 2012
- Introducing our new family of MULTISELECTORSJul 23, 2012
- Super Tour with Amphenol ConnectorsJul 09, 2012
- Battle Flex Fiber Optic CableJun 14, 2012
- PCDIQMay 14, 2012
- OC BASSApr 24, 2012
- Fiber OpticsSep 09, 2011
- HATT4Jul 06, 2011
- Introducing the Whirlwind Mic Mute familyMay 05, 2011
- Introducing the Di2Apr 12, 2011
- 5.1 Precision Level ControlMar 17, 2011
- IsopodFeb 08, 2011
- Whirlwind unveils a new standard in inline isolation transformersJan 19, 2011
- Whirlwind releases two new Direct BoxesJan 19, 2011
- Whirlwind drops the BombJan 19, 2011
- Whirlwind upgrades its Medusas lineJan 19, 2011
- Whirlwind unveils another world’s firstJan 19, 2011
- Whirlwind’s FX Lab releases two new pedal EQsJan 19, 2011