The THS 4 has both main and talkback microphone outputs. A latching Mic On/Off switch connects signal to the main mic output. The switch is illuminated red when the mic output is live. Two types of onboard condenser microphone power are available, enabling seamless switching when talkback is activated. A three way switch selects either phantom or "T" power and is recessed to avoid accidental turn off. A momentary Cough switch silences both the mic out and the talkback out when depressed. The momentary Talkback switch connects audio to the talkback output and mutes the mic out. The announcer’s microphone is sent through a preamp and line driver that deliver signal to the talkback output at line level. There is a level control for fine adjustment of the audio sent down the talkback line. The Talkback switch illuminates green when depressed.
The headphone section of the THS 4 has two inputs. Each input has a volume control and dip switches to send the signal to the left and/or right headphone earpieces. When an input is assigned to both ears, level adjustments affect both left and right ears equally. Input signals can be either balanced mono or unbalanced stereo. A rear panel switch selects the proper mode. Both 3 pin XLR and ¼” TRS input jacks are provided for hookup flexibility. Headphones with impedances ranging from 30 to 600 Ohms can be driven to full volume.
Power is supplied by a 12 VAC power adapter, model # PS12AC1A, included with the unit.
· Two line level inputs with individual volume controls
· Input Assign switches route inputs to either or both ears
· Balanced or unbalanced inputs on XLR or ¼” TRS jacks
· Passive Mic Out for on-air reliability
· Mic output switching is completely silent
· Active line level Talkback Out with level adjust
· Mic On, Cough and Talkback switches for control
· ¼” TRS or 3.5mm headphone jacks
· PS12AC1A power adapter included