The THS 5 has both main and talkback microphone outputs. A latching Mic On/Off switch connects signal to the Mic Out. The red light is illuminated when the Mic Out is live and is turned off by the cough and talkback switches. 36 Volt phantom power is available if condenser mics are used. Onboard phantom power allows seamless switching when talkback is activated. The switch to turn phantom power on and off is recessed to avoid accidental turn off. A momentary Cough switch silences both the Mic Out and the talkback out when depressed. The momentary Talkback switch connects the mic to the talkback output and mutes the Mic Out. The announcer’s microphone is sent through a preamp and line driver that deliver signal to the talkback output at line level. There is a level control for fine adjustment of the audio sent down the talkback line. The Talkback switch illuminates green when depressed.
There are two balanced line level headphone inputs on individual female XLR connectors. Separate front panel volume controls and pan pots adjust the level to the left and right ears. The THS 5 also has a third set of volume and pan pots that add the announcer's microphone to the headphone mix. A master headphone volume pot varies the overall mix in both ears simultaneously. Headphones with impedances ranging from 30 to 600 Ohms can be driven to full volume.
Power is supplied by a 12 VAC power adapter, model # PS12AC1A, included with the unit.
· Two balanced line level inputs with individual volume and pan controls
· Announcer mic mix to headphones with volume and pan controls
· Master headphone volume adjusts overall mix
· Passive Mic Out for on-air reliability with dynamic mics
· Active line level Talkback Out with level adjust
· Mic On, Cough and Talkback switches for control
· ¼” TRS or 3.5mm headphone jacks
· PS12AC1A power adapter included