Whirlwind welcomes Rick “LD” Wayne
Randy Travis’ axe man joins the Whirlwind family of endorsees.
By Will Young
It's always great news to find out an artist with a resume like Rick “LD” Wayne's, is a die hard Whirlwind user. Though he may not be a house hold name, he is the lead guitar player for Randy Travis and can be heard on recordings with Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and The Grand Ole'Opry (Out Door Channel) “Guitar Sound Tracks” to name a few.
L.D.'s career in Nashville started in the mid-70's when he relocated from his native Georgia and joined Tom T. Hall, touring three years, recording five albums, and playing the historic first home of The Grand Ole Opry, the Ryman Auditoreum. Tom T. even wrote a song in L.D.'s honor, “The Son of Clayton Delaney”.
Johnny Rodriguez and Waylon Jennings tours and albums kept L.D. busy through the next decade. He continued to work with Tom T., and recorded the song “The Mother Church of Country Music” with Porter Wagoner, Dolly Parton, and Roy Acuff.
The Nashville Palace in 1983 saw L.D. join Randy Travis and play on Randy's first Nashville album, “Randy Ray Live”! (Remember that one?) L.D. tours and records with Travis today. 1989 was the year L.D. joined Porter Wagoner on the Grand Ole Opry, where he plays currently.
Thanks LD for many the years of hard work and amazing music, and thanks for choosing Whirlwind!
*MXR is a registered trademark of Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc. All rights reserved 2012.
- The Fireballs continue to amaze fans for over 50 years!Oct 08, 2013
- “The Wrecking Crew” comes to the Little TheaterAug 19, 2013
- The Black Crowes, The Tedeschi Trucks Band, and WhirlwindAug 01, 2013
- Dave Mathews Band and WhirlwindJul 08, 2013
- Marc Anthony takes Whirlwind on Tour!Dec 04, 2012
- Red Hot Chili Peppers tour the world with WhirlwindOct 08, 2012
- Tony Levin joins the Whirlwind family!Sep 12, 2012
- Neutrik 2012 PremierePARTNER AwardAug 29, 2012
- BUSH switches with Whirlwind!Aug 15, 2012
- Whirlwind welcomes Rick “LD” WayneJun 18, 2012
- Power Link Gets Official UL LISTING!Apr 10, 2012
- NAMM 2012Jan 24, 2012
- Blue October brings their amazing show to townOct 31, 2011
- Parker Lundgren of Queensrÿche joins the ranksSep 27, 2011
- K.D. Lang knocks the socks off of a sold out Eastman Theater!Jun 17, 2011
- The Fab Faux gets a little help from their friendsJun 13, 2011
- DISPATCH signs with Whirlwind FX LABJun 01, 2011
- Whirlwind signs John5May 02, 2011
- Canadian Dealers win big with WhirlwindApr 20, 2011
- KISS calls on Whirlwind to help blow stuff up!Mar 08, 2011
- Tommy Organ rocks out with Whirlwind!Feb 01, 2011
- NAMM 2011Jan 19, 2011
- A Win - Win - Win for Whirlwind, UPS, and The Buffalo BillsDec 15, 2010
- An evening with Joe BonamassaNov 18, 2010
- The Cult brings the big guns!Nov 01, 2010
- Lou Gramm and WhirlwindOct 18, 2010
- The Cult turns to Rochester for their tone!Sep 27, 2010
- John Fogerty, Celebrates 25 years in Centerfield!Sep 15, 2010
- Whirlwind and Rush on tourSep 07, 2010
- TOM PETTY / CROSBY, STILLS, & NASH IN CONCERTAug 18, 2010
- No Shock ZoneAug 17, 2010
- Creedence Clearwater RevisitedJul 30, 2010
- Gabe Condon drops into WhirlwindJul 28, 2010
- Product Review: Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser Guitar Effects PedalJul 08, 2010
- Whirlwind Leader Standard Series Guitar Cable ReviewJul 08, 2010
- Oli Brown Tours with WhirlwindJul 08, 2010
- Customers’ testimonials say it allJul 08, 2010
- Alex Kane and Clare Misstake touring with WhirlwindJul 08, 2010
- Feature article in Music Trades MagazineApr 28, 2010
- Clouseau Finds A Digital Solution Mar 11, 2010
- Rochester Series Effects PedalsMar 10, 2010
- “Les Paul’s Les Paul”Feb 12, 2010